Can a property under gift deed be claimed by any other family member

I am father in law and his younger brother had a joint ancestral property.The younger brother and his wife died without any children 7years father in law died 8/2/2018.Till now the property is joint and father in law had two daughters and tow father in law did a gift dead of this property in the name of his elder son and deprived my husband.can my husband challenge the dead

Answers (1)

325 votes

Since the property belonged to your father in law, he can gift the same to whoever he wants. However, if you think the gift is not with free consent of your father in law and if you can create a reasonable doubt about its credibility, you/your husband can file a suit for cancellation of such gift, if such gift is cancelled, you/your husband can inherit the property at normal course. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles