Can a person sell land which is on his name but has no documents

My property is recorded under a person's name whereas I have the original and valid documents of the property. He does not have any valid documents to backup his records. He is trying to sell my property now.I am outside India right now. Is it possible that he can sell my property under his name as his name is on the record and not mine?

Answers (1)

113 votes

At the first instance you are required to clarify what do you mean by record (s) and documents.Since you are out side India ,it is practically not possible for you to pursue the matter personally.It would be better if you authorize any of your trusted person to deal the issue by way of delegating "Power of Attorney" to him/her.If you so desire, you may contact me through Lawrato for further legal course of action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles