Can a person sell land which is on his name but has no documents

My property is recorded under a person's name whereas I have the original and valid documents of the property. He does not have any valid documents to backup his records. He is trying to sell my property now.I am outside India right now. Is it possible that he can sell my property under his name as his name is on the record and not mine?

At the first instance you are required to clarify what do you mean by record (s) and documents.Since you are out side India ,it is practically not possible for you to pursue the matter personally.It would be better if you authorize any of your trusted person to deal the issue by way of delegating "Power of Attorney" to him/her.If you so desire, you may contact me through Lawrato for further legal course of action.