Can a gift deed be challenged.........................................

When my grandfather (HINDU) died, he has 3 sons and 2 daughter. There was no proper will made by him. After few years 2 brothers and both daughters gifted the property to elder brother. There was no consideration and deed was properly registered. This happened in 2007. There is no clause as per sec 126 of Transfer property act which makes any condition for revocation. After 10 years can they challenge the gift deed individually or all together? can misappropriation be a ground for it? If they can challenge it is there any solution to it? such as transfer of gifter property? THANK U

Answers (1)

299 votes

As the revocation deed was properly registered, it will be very difficult for 2 brothers and both daughters to challenge the same now. The elder brother in whose name the revocation deed was registered had already become the absolute owner in 2007. Now it will be a futile litigation on the part of others to question the deed which was signed by themselves and properly registered with the registrar's office. No misappropriation can be a ground for such challenge.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles