Can a daughter claim right in father's property

Hi Sir, My father in law has got death on 30.03.2018 weather my wife is elegible for the property

Answers (2)

193 votes

Dear Sir,
As per your query your father-in-law died on 30.03.2018 if so she is entitle for her share as right having his son, your can approach them for your wife share or your wife can file suit for partition before court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

298 votes

Yes. As per succession laws, the daughter of a deceased person is entitled to get a share in the property of her father. The shares and the persons other than your wife who will also get a share would depend on who all are alive and the religion that you follow since each religion has a specific method of succession.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles