Can a brother claim his right in family property

22-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
Im an Hindu and Our house was registered in the name of my mother-in-law and my husband. Can my husband's brother claim for the share in this property.

Answer #1
Yes the legal heir of your mother in law can claim their shares in the property if she has not bequeathed her share in favour of your husband. As per Hindu law all the legal heir are entitled for share equally.
Answer #2
if the property was taken a part of the HUF then he can claim share even if your mother-in-law died intestate without writing anything then also he can claim share either under section 6, 8 and 14 of the Hindu Succession Act