Builder neither refunding not transferring registry. What can happen?

I bought a property in ghaziabad and made full payment of it via cash. Now the builder is not responding to my calls and is also not doing registry of the same in my name. I have asked him to refund the amount if the property is not given to me. What should i now as i have no idea about?

Answers (2)

305 votes

You should send him a Legal Notice first then,

take civil and criminal proceedings against him for recovery of your money as long as there is some kind of receipt or acknowledgement that the money had exchanged hands. 

245 votes

If you have paid the sale price in cash , what document have you executed ,if it is a agreement to sale ,then on tha basis you can. File a consumer complaint and a criminal complaint nude section 420 of IPC for cheating ,once you file a complaint he will readily repay you but you must have the agreement of sale in original or any receipt of payment made by you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles