Builder asking more money as statutory charges Water and Electricity.

3BHK project asking huge amount as statutory charges. I was booked 3BHK furnished apartment for 44 lakhs. The mode of payment after the upfront cost of 20% 30 equal instalments from Jan 2016. As per the contract they are charged me 9.8% charges as tax and I have to pay 25, 000 as deposit for the maintenance, monthly maintenance charge after one year agreed by the association and statutory charges. Jan 24th 2018 I received a mail to pay an amount of 437, 807 pay before 31st Jan 2018. This amount are for Electricity deposit 291549, Water 60758, Building tax, 20000, Workers welfare 40400, Maintenance deposit 25000. The project is under construction and without getting completion certificate how can they get the Electricity and water connection? Also the statutory charges (according to KSEB and KWA) must pay the time of signing the contract. How can they ask that amount and what should I do? please advise me.

Admittedly, there is an association. As such, it is in the best interest that a joint stand is taken. Obviously, amount sought are exorbitant. However, any meaningful suggestion calls for more material facts.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli