Builder asking more money as statutory charges Water and Electricity.

3BHK project asking huge amount as statutory charges. I was booked 3BHK furnished apartment for 44 lakhs. The mode of payment after the upfront cost of 20% 30 equal instalments from Jan 2016. As per the contract they are charged me 9.8% charges as tax and I have to pay 25, 000 as deposit for the maintenance, monthly maintenance charge after one year agreed by the association and statutory charges. Jan 24th 2018 I received a mail to pay an amount of 437, 807 pay before 31st Jan 2018. This amount are for Electricity deposit 291549, Water 60758, Building tax, 20000, Workers welfare 40400, Maintenance deposit 25000. The project is under construction and without getting completion certificate how can they get the Electricity and water connection? Also the statutory charges (according to KSEB and KWA) must pay the time of signing the contract. How can they ask that amount and what should I do? please advise me.

Answers (1)

247 votes

Admittedly, there is an association. As such, it is in the best interest that a joint stand is taken. Obviously, amount sought are exorbitant. However, any meaningful suggestion calls for more material facts.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles