Brother not willing to execute the settlement decided between family

My mother died in 1989 and she had a property in her name and she did not make any will. I have one elder brother and father. My father settle his share to myself. But my brother wants equel share. He wants the house along with 3200 sq.ft land and allot me vacant land of 2800 sq.ft. He wish to settle by cash amount of Rs. 35 Lakhs. But he settled only 30 Lakhs in 2013. And till date My brother does not want to settle balance payment and enjoying the whole property. I dont want to file a property dispute case as it is expensive, time consuming and unreliable approach. Is there any other way?

You can try some out side person who can talk and settle the issue as a mediator. If there is no chance for it the other alternative is to move the court to exercise your legal right . The balance amount is only five Lakhs which you can write off it you do not want to fight the case.