Brother not willing to execute the settlement decided between family

My mother died in 1989 and she had a property in her name and she did not make any will. I have one elder brother and father. My father settle his share to myself. But my brother wants equel share. He wants the house along with 3200 sq.ft land and allot me vacant land of 2800 sq.ft. He wish to settle by cash amount of Rs. 35 Lakhs. But he settled only 30 Lakhs in 2013. And till date My brother does not want to settle balance payment and enjoying the whole property. I dont want to file a property dispute case as it is expensive, time consuming and unreliable approach. Is there any other way?

Answers (1)

136 votes

You can try some out side person who can talk and settle the issue as a mediator. If there is no chance for it the other alternative is to move the court to exercise your legal right . The balance amount is only five Lakhs which you can write off it you do not want to fight the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles