Brother claim elder brother's property which is in mother's name

SIR, Actually there is a case that younger brother claim property from his elder brother but elder brother's property is registered on his late mom's property..... Can he claim it...?

Answers (1)

125 votes

Yes, the younger brother has all the rights in the property as you told the property is of the deceased mother and the same is with elder brother then the younger brother can file a partition suit or declaratory suit in order to claim, and if you wish to avoid unusual expenses you may talk to the younger brother and part the property with the free consent of both.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles