Bought property from owner's wife after his death.

Hello, My Father and uncle bought a property. Owner of the property was dead we bought the property from his wife. Owner never had his own kids. Now one person who is cousin of owner claimed the property rights. He put a case in session court, case went for 18 years judge gave a decision that registery of the property should get cancelled in this case. Also owners cousin ran multiple cases in different courts for rights in property each time he lost the case but only in one case judge gave such a stupid decision. could you suggest

Answers (1)

171 votes

If the property purchased by you was in the name of the person who died and you purchased it from his wife, then no one can challenge the registry. If the property was in joint name and you purchased from only one of the joint owner then you can purchase only the share which was in the name of the person from whom you purchased. As you said deceased cousin ran multiple cases in different court for the same property then the same is against law as one cannot file multiple cases for one claim as same is barred by law. If the court has filed an order against you then you should challenge it before the higher court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles