Bought a property with father wants to transfer it through gift deed

me and my father bought a shop 12 years back in sale agreement my name is first and my father's name is 2nd. I am a married daughter of my father .due to financial crisis my father helped me that time for buying shop after that with in 2 years I returned all amount to my father what he has borrowed me now I want ownership of whole shop as I have already paid full amount to my father. he is ready to make gift deed on my name for remaining half of the shop pls tell me process of it I belongs to Hindu religion

Answers (1)

50 votes

its simple procedure draft gift deed and get register in sub registrar office, if property within Maharashtra then you will also exempted from stamp duty. Only Registration charges Rs.200 and stamp duty Rs.200 you need to pay.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles