Bought a land which was acquired by PWD no compensation was given

I am Hindu. I had borrow a plot for personal home purpose but it is aquired by district PWD for district mini pypass but he didn't give any compensation. Aquistion of plot last 1 year but still no compensation give it to me. Kindly suggest me how much compensation give to according to aquisition property acts and laws.

Answers (2)

319 votes

No private land can be possessed by any authority except in accordance with law.proper acquisition proceedings have to be initiated for this purpose. U have a remedy to approach high court to seek compensation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

258 votes

"Borrowed" is not clear. Was the land purchased by you with valid sale deed ? If yes then a writ can be filed in high court under relevant land acquisition rules of that respective state. But ownership of land is must.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles