Bought a disputed agricultural land party taking back case

sir, recently i was in to an agreement of sale of a agricultural property with payment of some consideration,later i came to know that there was a preliminary decree on another person which he acquired in 2008 but there was no final decree for the partition suit for the decree holder filed,now the decree holder is willing to withdraw the case that was filed and give up rights on property for some consideration.will a notarized affidavit to give up rights on property from the decree holder will cure all the defects in the title?

Answers (2)

214 votes

no as it is a preliminary decree cannot be withdrawn by notarized affidavit you need to either enter to a registered deed to transfer such share under preliminary decree or else you can file a final decree petition before 12 years and you can seek for settlement in lok adalat

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

53 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

Unregistered Agreement has no value, you have make party to that person in whose favour preliminary decree is granted along with the vendor of your property, it can be done through registered document to avoid future disputes. for more information kindly consult me through this website.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles