Apply for patta of gharbari plot

My grandmother purchased a plot from her brother in law in 1982 through notary registeration and no patta was there.Now if we want to apply for patta for the same property then what is the process. In bhulekh the same property is showing as ANABADI AREA and my grandmother's brother-in-law name is there. Please advice

As far as my knowledge goes, Notary registration is not valid as you have not paid the Govt. revenue. You can file a suit by impleading your GM's Brother in law as repondents and if they do not object, you can get a decree from the Court and apply for mutation. Patta will be issued after Mutation.