Apply for patta of gharbari plot

My grandmother purchased a plot from her brother in law in 1982 through notary registeration and no patta was there.Now if we want to apply for patta for the same property then what is the process. In bhulekh the same property is showing as ANABADI AREA and my grandmother's brother-in-law name is there. Please advice

Answers (1)

108 votes

As far as my knowledge goes, Notary registration is not valid as you have not paid the Govt. revenue. You can file a suit by impleading your GM's Brother in law as repondents and if they do not object, you can get a decree from the Court and apply for mutation. Patta will be issued after Mutation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles