Ancestral Property Dispute. Can we file a case after 45 years?

sir I belong to hindu family my grandfather(has three sons and two daughters all are majorat that time) got a property from his father(has two sons) after partitioned.He borrowed some money from anyone and was unable to pay.other party filed the case 1In 1971 through court decree and auction has been done In which my uncle(elder son) paid the amount and transfered the property to his wif's name. 1 Was that legal to transfered the property family member in auction 2 IWas the right of gradfater to auction whole property as it was ancestral 3Can we file the case after 45 yr and what chance

All this depends on the degree of participation and the contents of the orders passed till date. Please contact with all the available papers.......................................................................................