Am I entitled to file a preemption suit

my father entered into an agreement of sale without possession of open site with a person for a throwaway price of Rs.11 lakhs and received Rs.1 lakh as advance on 01-02-2018 and set 60 days as time limit for payment of remaining amt. and registration of sale of deed. My father is staying with other woman since 24 years and not looking after my mother since then. with their support I offered to pay the same Rs.11 lakhs to my father but he is not considering. Shall I entitled to file preemption suit.

Answers (1)

64 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From ; Hyderabad, @

If the said property is self acquired by your father then he can sale property to any person for any amount for which you cant interfere, if the said property was acquired by your father through his ancestral then you can file the suit for partition of the said property for your share.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles