Aggrieved party plead for freezing of the account of respondent

Sir/Madam, Am Hindu. Law suit is filed in one property and case is sub judice. All the parties are restrained from altering the nature, selling or creating third party interest. However one respondent entered into sale deed agreement for the property and received the payment . Can I being the aggrieved party plead in the court for freezing an account of that respondent?

Answers (3)

166 votes

Yes you can bring in the respondent who violated the orders of the court. You can file an application in the court for violating the orders of the court because this is contempt of court. You can also file an FIR against that person for illegally receiving payment for the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

116 votes

Yes you can prefer a contempt petition against that respondent for breaching court order.
As contempt of court order is a continuing wrong, no limitation applies to it's filing.
You can independently file a criminal complaint against that respondent and also the third party to whom the property is sold, since a court order is said to be in public domain and no party can plead about its ignorance.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
240 votes

Once a stay order is issued restraining parties to further deal with the plot, no action can be taken till the stay is removed. You can mention the transaction to court and file for contempt of the court / order along with other prayers.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles