According to muslim law who are owner of gift deed of father property?

I am a sunni muslim as my father had gifted his property in his two sons name now after my fathers death my elder brother has kept original papers and he is not giving since it is unregistered property wakf board property what is the procedure to get the documents

Answers (1)

143 votes

It is confusing that at one place you say it is father`s property and at another you say it is wakf property. HOvever, assuming that the property was owned by your father, and also assuming that you and your elder brother are the two sons to whom he has gifted the properties. you need to obtain the record of gift document and insist on its execution and issue notice to that brother to ring out the original papers of property so that the gifts take effect.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles