Younger brother trying to sell the property. How can we stop him?

my father taken a property in 1978 he died in 1988 after this all property transferred to my mother name & now my mother want to sell the property divided to all 5 son & 2 sister my smaller brother is saying you will get the proper percentage but don't interfere with me i will sell the property i separated 10 yrs back i said don't take the token with the party without my knowledge plz sugest what shoud i do?

Answers (1)

340 votes

If your father died without a Will, the we suggest that file  suit for partition and alongwith it file suit for temporary injunction thereby seeking stay on the property.

However if your father died with a Will thereby leaving everything to your mother, so till the time your mother is alive your brother cannot sell the house.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
13 years Experience
Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles