What is the validity of a divorce given by qaazi

Is qaazi given divorce cirtificate is accepted in registar office ? I want to marry a muslim girl who got divorced from her previous relationship through qaazi. Does the qaazi given divorce cirtificate is accepted in registar office or not.

The Bombay High Court said a talaqnama issued by a qazi was a valid document nullifying a marriage and in that case a court decree is not required and that she can marry under the Special Marriage Act without changing her religion. but in the latest judgement from The bench of The Madras High Court on Jan 11, 2017, which referred to Section 4 of The Kazis Act, 1880, held that the office of the kazi does not confer on the person any judicial or administrative power.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Neelkanth Hingraj Goswami
Dhobi Ali, Thane