What is the procedure to file mutual divorce case under Muslim law

I am a muslim staying in Saudiarab with my wife and two children aged 6 and 4 years, i am willing to go in for divorce , we got married on 25th Sept 2009. the reason behind divorce is my wife never listen to me to what i say instead she wants to me live life as she wants. Twice a year i come on vacation and last vacation i allowed her to go for 8 days but she fought and stayed for one month and again this year her brother marriage is there and i told her to go for 8 days and come back but again she need more days to stay , all this involves her family too , her father is saying to divorce her

Answers (1)

346 votes

Mutual consent divorce is an option available if both the spouses agree to put an end to marital relationship. However, terms and conditions if any, are to be decided so that the parties shall not end up in fresh round of litigation viz. maintenace, jewellery, childrens custody, etc.
In case she is not agreeable to mutual consent divorce, there are other options available to divorce her and the grounds stated by you are sufficient to proceed with your case. The procedure
To advise the procedure we want to know, whether your marriage was solemnized under muslim law or special marriage law ?
Some elementary steps have to be taken before divorce she, so that she doesnt harass you with 498 case or other false case.

divorce with mutual consent service package by LawRato gets you leading divorce lawyers to guide you in all the legal proceedings should that you can a peaceful seperation

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati
10 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

wife has demanded maintainance cost. she left my home in 20th Jan and file case in March. so kindly suggest how to handle it under muslim marriage act…

Read More

matter need to written also under witch section its comes for Muslim,process knowledge for notary divorce, want to know the Indian court standard for …

Read More

We are sunni Muslims and if I divorce my wife, I have a 1bhk flat on my name and small shop in joint names currently both are on rent. If I divorce he…

Read More

Dear sir/ madam I want to know how can I file a court case against a person of indian origin living in saudi arabia from india .…

Read More