Rights of son in father's property under Muslim Law

In Muslim Law Law
Hello sir/madam I m a Muslim by religion and from Bangalore do I have any rights on my father's or mother's property which they have earned but not from their ancestors as they both are still alive if I do have then what are they please I request to explain it briefly Thanking you 

Answers (1)

170 votes

IN MOHAMMEDAN LAW you don't have any right over the property of your parents during their lifetime, whether it is self acquired or ancestral. your parents will be having absolute authority over the same during their lifetime. you have no right to claim any share.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
16 years Experience
Advocate Vikash Shangari
City Civil Court, Jamshedpur
16 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles