Muslim daughters share in father's property

How much share does a married girl have in her father property according to law and do son and daughter have equal shares....??? we are Muslims and this is a property ques our father mothers are expired we are 2 sister and 1 son


There are six fractions of shares mentioned in the Quran:

2/3, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/3, 1/6.The 2/3 share is

for two or more daughters;
for two or more son’s daughters;
for two or more sisters;
for two or more half- sister;

The 1/3 share is

for two or more of mother’s children;
for the mother in the absence of child, or son’s child or two or more brothers or sisters;
some times for the grand father when there are brothers and sisters,

The 1/2 share is

For one of the four sets of females mentioned above when she is alone.
for the husband when his wife leaves no issue.

The 1/4 share is

for the husband when the wife leaves children;
for the wife when the husband leaves no children

The 1/8 share is

for the wife when her husband leaves children

The 1/6 share is

for the father when the deceased leaves children;
for the grandfather;
for the mother when the deceased leaves children or two or more brothers and sisters;
for the grandmother when the deceased leaves children or two or more brothers and sisters;
for the son’s daughter when the deceased has one daughter;
for one or more half – sisters when there is a sister
for two or mother’s children;

When a father and spouse are alive, after assigning the respective shares due to them, One Third of the Remainder will be assigned to the mother.

The portion assigned to the wife has to be shared equally by two or three of four wives.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Neelkanth Hingraj Goswami
Dhobi Ali, Thane
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir, We have got married in Sept. 2013 and we have 2 years old child. I am a Central Govt employee posted in Jabalpur, MP. I have my older parents dep…

Read More

I am married to my husband for 3 years but later came to discover that he is already married.He went to Bihar (his native place)to get a divorce from …

Read More

Actually I am Iranian but I want to live in India I want to ask about citizenship I want to know about what is the procedure if I want to get Indian c…

Read More

My grandfather property seven children for my grand father five son's and two doughter so how to give share…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue