Khula in India while residing in a Foreign country

06-Feb-2024 (In Muslim Law Law)
Me and my husband both are in a foreign country on work permit. Is it possible for me to get a Khula in India without having to visit the country since my current country of resident asks for one year of living separately in order to file for a divorce and only after the approval can I take a Khula through the Imam. Any means through which I can apply for a Khula in India and get the process expedited would be helpful.

Answer #1
Conditions pre-requisite to grant of khula should be met - grounds for seeking khula.
Else you'll have to file for divorce. Both, khula and divorce can be granted by the Court as well as Qazi.
Also, if either of the parties are Indian nationals then India can be the jurisdiction appropriate for you.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
In order to take Khula the acceptance of your husband is Mandatory.

We need more information on your case to evaluate things from legal point of view. You need to hire an expert advocate in this case, kindly be in touch to discuss and to understand the legalities in this regard.
Thanks.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
Yes there are processes due to which you may get khula from your husband without undergoing one years saperation. It must be noted that you should have valid grounds for taking khula. online proceedings can be conducted and it can be done. Mind you since it is Islamic rulings that needs to be followed, it is not necessary you need to get it from Indian institutions you may also prefer abroad islamic darul qaza.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato