Khula in India while residing in a Foreign country

06-Feb-2024 (In Muslim Law Law)
Me and my husband both are in a foreign country on work permit. Is it possible for me to get a Khula in India without having to visit the country since my current country of resident asks for one year of living separately in order to file for a divorce and only after the approval can I take a Khula through the Imam. Any means through which I can apply for a Khula in India and get the process expedited would be helpful.

Answer #1
Conditions pre-requisite to grant of khula should be met - grounds for seeking khula. Else you'll have to file for divorce. Both, khula and divorce can be granted by the Court as well as Qazi. Also, if either of the parties are Indian nationals then India can be the jurisdiction appropriate for you.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
In order to take Khula the acceptance of your husand is must. Yes if your husband is ready for Khula then a virtual meeting can bd arrange and both of you can sign the deeds accordingly.
You need to hire expert advocate in this regard. Plz b in touch
Helpful? LawRato LawRato