Husband threatening to give divorce what are right under muslim laws

In Muslim Law Law

I am married since 8yrs have 2yr old daughter,my husband was drug addict & frm past 2yrs he is having affair with another girl.When i got tk know this i left the house in anger,i tld him i want divorce but aftr 4 months i tld him lets think abt d daughter n forget everything.He is telling me i want d daughter and not u.He is not ready to take me in his house saying that u went to qazi to take divorce nw i dnt want u n it is not possible nw to stay together.I dnt want to leave him. I am at my mothers house frm 9 months.So can he jus say talaq n leave me and can he stop me from entering the hous

Answers (1)

75 votes

No, he cannot give talaq just like that. The same can be challenged and you can file a domestic violence case and seek right for residence. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
16 years Experience
Advocate Vikash Shangari
City Civil Court, Jamshedpur
16 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."