Husband staying separate for 1 year and now threatening to divorce

My husband is fighting with me and wants me to stay in village. But i did not want the same. We are staying separate for almost 1 year now. Now is threatening to divorce me as well. What are my rights as a married woman?

Answers (1)

225 votes

You have the right of residence where ever your husband resides. In case where your husband wants to file for divorce and you do not want a divorce then you can go for marriage counseling. If that does not work you, then you can file for defense for divorce in court or RCR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
13 years Experience
Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles