How much will my wife take from my property if I want to divorce

We are sunni Muslims and if I divorce my wife, I have a 1bhk flat on my name and small shop in joint names currently both are on rent. If I divorce her what is she entitled for? Married from last 3&1/2 years with a 2 year old son. Also what about the gold I made for her during wedding. I have a nikka nama and also have registered this with municipal office. Pls help me know how much and what all will I lose and how many years I need to pay her as maintainance and child support. The reason for divorce is I want to marry my friend. Pls help.

Even after the divorce the muslim wife is entitled to claim maintenance.A Muslim husband is liable to make a reasonable and fair provision for the future of the divorced wife which obviously includes her maintenance as well.”

Such a reasonable and fair provision extending beyond theiddat period must be made by the husband within the iddat period. His liability, arising from Section 3 of the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Divorce) Act to pay maintenance, “is not confined to the iddat period.”

The amount which you are required to pay should be mutually settled and further in the said agreement agree the time frame. 

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai