Father died leaving behind property want to claim share in property

Hi... My name is S.. we r three brothers my dad died in 2009. My dad Along with his other brothers has 5 acre land that came from My late Grandfather.. we are only poor from all his brothers my dad's brothers all are rich and have no problem.. we r poor facing lot of problems.. now I want to how to claim my father's land.. they r not selling the land and saying We sell after Increase in rate of land.. I want your pls thanks

Answers (1)

Dear Sir, As per my knowledge and information.

As per shariah and under Muslim Law, The children of a son inherit from their grandfather so long as none of the grandfather’s children are alive, regardless of whether the son’s father or any of his paternal uncles are alive. If any of the grandfather’s own sons are alive, then the grandsons do not inherit, regardless of whether their father is alive or dead.

If any of your Uncle is alive you cannot inherit the property of your grandfather. If your father and all the paternal uncle died then you can inherit the same as grandsons/grandchildren.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
23 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Athar Amaan Hava
Juhapura, Ahmedabad
14 years Experience

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I have a parental property in bihar (darbhanga) district, my father is expired when my grand father is alive, now my grand father is also expired, gra…

Read More

We are a muslim married couple. How can we file for a divorce?…

Read More

I am a Muslim who got married on May 2008 and registered in Special Marriage Act on Oct 2008 as part having legal records. Unfortunately my first wife…

Read More

We are muslim family my father was officer and he has 2 wife. due to some tax adjustment he bought some properties in step mother name and father told…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue