×

Father died leaving behind property want to claim share in property

Hi... My name is S.. we r three brothers my dad died in 2009. My dad Along with his other brothers has 5 acre land that came from My late Grandfather.. we are only poor from all his brothers my dad's brothers all are rich and have no problem.. we r poor facing lot of problems.. now I want to how to claim my father's land.. they r not selling the land and saying We sell after Increase in rate of land.. I want your pls thanks

Dear Sir, As per my knowledge and information.

As per shariah and under Muslim Law, The children of a son inherit from their grandfather so long as none of the grandfather’s children are alive, regardless of whether the son’s father or any of his paternal uncles are alive. If any of the grandfather’s own sons are alive, then the grandsons do not inherit, regardless of whether their father is alive or dead.

If any of your Uncle is alive you cannot inherit the property of your grandfather. If your father and all the paternal uncle died then you can inherit the same as grandsons/grandchildren.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
Advocate Vijay Raj
Sushant Lok -1, Gurgaon