Daughters right on father's ancestral property under Muslim law

Under muslim law, Can daughter sue for share on father's ancestrol property in his life time? Even if he make a will all his property to his other son and daughter and totally avoiding one daughter, can she sue for her share after his death on his ancestral and self aquired property? my bro and sis trying to aquire whole property of my father without giving nothing to me by brainwash..

The concept of joint family or of coparcenary property (as is recognizes under hindu law) is not known to muslims. Whenever a muslim dies, his properties devolve on his hirs in definite share of which each hier becomes  an absolute owner. Subsequently upon the death of such hier , his properties are again inherited by his legal heirs, and this process continiues.
Thus, unlike hindu law there is no provision for any joint family or ancestral property. Accordingly , under muslim law of inheritance, no distinction has been made between self aquired and ancestral property.
All properties whether aquired by a muslim himself or inferited by his ancestors, are rregarded as individual property and, may be inherited by his legal hiers as per Muslim law of inheritance.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai