Daughters right on father's ancestral property under Muslim law

Under muslim law, Can daughter sue for share on father's ancestrol property in his life time? Even if he make a will all his property to his other son and daughter and totally avoiding one daughter, can she sue for her share after his death on his ancestral and self aquired property? my bro and sis trying to aquire whole property of my father without giving nothing to me by brainwash..

Answers (1)

218 votes
The concept of joint family or of coparcenary property (as is recognizes under hindu law) is not known to muslims. Whenever a muslim dies, his properties devolve on his hirs in definite share of which each hier becomes  an absolute owner. Subsequently upon the death of such hier , his properties are again inherited by his legal heirs, and this process continiues.
Thus, unlike hindu law there is no provision for any joint family or ancestral property. Accordingly , under muslim law of inheritance, no distinction has been made between self aquired and ancestral property.
All properties whether aquired by a muslim himself or inferited by his ancestors, are rregarded as individual property and, may be inherited by his legal hiers as per Muslim law of inheritance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
13 years Experience
Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles