Can daughter claim share when alienated from parental property

My father bought a property and named on my mother ,my father wrote a will and registerd,in that he gave entire property to sons equally after my mother's death. Before or after registration expiry i.e.,within15yrs or after 15yrs ,my mother registered whole property to sons equally.and did not gave any thing to daughters. Can we (daughters)can claim a share in property?

Answers (1)

141 votes

As per my knowledge and information,
Property rights of a daughter in Islam Under the Muslim law The share of the male is double that of the female that is A daughter gets half of whatever share her brother gets. In case she has no brother, she is entitled to a share of half the property. It is legally hers to manage, control, and to dispose it off as and when she wants.She is also eligible to receive gifts from those she would inherit from. This is contradictory because she can inherit only one-third of the man's share but can get gifts without any hassle. Till a daughter is not married, she enjoys the right to stay in her parents' house.

About the wasiyat (will) under Islamic law, A Muslim cannot give away more than one third of his/her total property through a will. In circumstances where there are no heirs in the estate as prescribed by the law, the wife may inherit a greater amount by will.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles