clarification on special summons related to MACT case

02-Apr-2023 (In Motor Accident Law)
Hello, While I was driving my car on a highway, a guy came on the wrong side and there are a minor accident. I have been issued special summons (section 206), where they have given an option of plead guilty by paying a fine of Rs 2500/-. Even though I am not at faulty but in order to avoid getting involved in long legal battle, I am thinking of pleading guilty. If I do so, will it be treated as final closure of the case or is there any possibility of further punishment? In the event of the victim applying for insurance compensation, is there any possibility of the insurance company declining to pay the victim, in such a case is there a possibility that the judgement is passed asking me to pay the amount? Will plead guilty have any implication on getting police clearance for reissue of passport or visa?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
645 votes
Accidents re accidents. You may not be guilty but police have charged you that you have committed the offence. By pleading guilty, you have to pay fine and get relieved from going to the court. Claiming insurance by the victim is his choice. Only on proof the victim would get compensation. pleading guilty may not be the only ground to grant compensation to the victim. Your pleading guilty have no implication on getting police clearance for reissue of passport or visa. It will not come against your moral turpitude.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."