Bike seized by police for not carrying DL and RC

I was issued a court challan and bike was seized by traffic police for not carrying the DL and RC of the bike. the bike was not mine. it was of my friend. so the court will impose fine on whom, on the driver ie. me or on the vehicle owner?

The bike was seized from you but it belonged to your friend so legally the bike may be released in favour of your friend and the punishment in form of fine must be paid by the person in whose name the bike was registered.

Upon the owner of vehicle because the vehicle be released in favour of real owner under motor vehicle not other i.e third party
All the document regarding vehicle be seen by the competent magisrate he also verifiwhether same is not connected in any crime

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

The person's name in the invoice is the responsibility of the person to deposit the invoice fee but your R.C. if the police has deposited it with you, then you have to pay the penalty, the person who has been fined