×

quesWant to complaint about ayuvedic doctor prescribing alopathic medicine

There is a doctor who has a degree of Ayurvedic but now is prescribing alopathic medicines. The IMA does not approve such. As proof we have alopathic medicines prescription on his letter head. Where can we complaint about it?

Section 15 of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 states that no person other than a medical practitioner enrolled on a State Medical Register shall practice medicine in any State. Any person who acts in contravention of this shall be punished with imprisonment of 1 year or fine of Rs 1,000 or both. You can file a complaint in the consumer court against such doctor.