Mothers death due to negligence by the doctors What action can I take

Hi, I lost my mother last month, she suffered with brain hemorrhage and operated at Ruby Hall, Pune, post operation we took her to Neuro Nursing at Santayana Hospital, where she went through another operation after 5 month and post that operation her condition start deteriorating and it become fatal in one month and she died with Sepsis, which i am in openion that doctor need not to do that operation as its not needed and i can avoid this loss.

Answers (1)

268 votes
Yes you may file a criminal complaint with your concerned police station against the said act of negligence by the hospital and treating doctor. But you have to prove it that how the act of negligence was done at their part.
As a general rule you may approach to appropriate consumer forum to file your claim against the act of negligence done by the doctor with in the period of 2 yrs. from the date of cause of action under section 24A. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles