quesMedical negligence severe brain injury to baby at birth

My 1.6 year old son had severe brain injury at birth. I had a planned c section and few minutes before the c section the baby's heartbeat was fine. During the c section i was told the baby has severe birth asphyxia, i suffered feto-maternal haemmorhage and the baby was born with absent heart rate and suffered multiple conditions including seizures. 10 days before my delivery the sonography report was excellent. Even the obstetrician doesn't know how it happened. The hospital took my sonography report post my delivery to re-read it & later told me they misplaced it. It was a full term big baby.

  • ans

    This situation described by you merits sending a legal notice through an advocate demanding an explanation as to how your baby had so many problems just within 10 days of excellent sonography report.

    Also you can also ask for a compensation for the negligent attitude of the hospital due to which your sonography report has been misplaced.

    You can file a consumer complaint for medical negligence in an appropriate consumer forum if you are not served with a reply within fifteen days time.

    Seeking an expert guidance from an advocate would be very helpful for you in this case.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Medical Negligence lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir if a mentally sick person commits a cyber crime unintentionally in heat of the…
I was operated for decompression and fixation at C3 spine. The dr. Gave me in…
Hello I had admitted a patient at hope Hospital in nagpur for lumber spine surgery…

My childs right shoulder suffered erbs palsy due to negligence of the doctor's who has…

Medical Negligence Lawyers in India

Advocate Abheek Saha

  RMV II stage
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Ruchira Chaudhary

  Sector 50
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Jai Dehadrai

  Hauz Khas
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Arun Kumar

  District Court
 Experience: 25 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly