Medical negligence severe brain injury to baby at birth

My 1.6 year old son had severe brain injury at birth. I had a planned c section and few minutes before the c section the baby's heartbeat was fine. During the c section i was told the baby has severe birth asphyxia, i suffered feto-maternal haemmorhage and the baby was born with absent heart rate and suffered multiple conditions including seizures. 10 days before my delivery the sonography report was excellent. Even the obstetrician doesn't know how it happened. The hospital took my sonography report post my delivery to re-read it & later told me they misplaced it. It was a full term big baby.

This situation described by you merits sending a legal notice through an advocate demanding an explanation as to how your baby had so many problems just within 10 days of excellent sonography report.

Also you can also ask for a compensation for the negligent attitude of the hospital due to which your sonography report has been misplaced.

You can file a consumer complaint for medical negligence in an appropriate consumer forum if you are not served with a reply within fifteen days time.

Seeking an expert guidance from an advocate would be very helpful for you in this case.

Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers