What to do if landlord is not ready to sell his property to tenant

Hi, We have a shop on rent from last 50 years. we are paying rent to the owner in good faith. The electricity bill is generated on landlord name(owner). The shop is running by my father & I have my own profession in the other town. if in case I want to close the shop & not interested to pay any rent there after then what are my rights & duties toward land lord. I do not want to surrender this property & interested to buy from the owner but he is not ready to sell. Please help me in this case.

hi,
If landlord is not agreeable to sale his property, no one can force him. if you really want to buy that property, offer him attractive compensation for the same. Even then, also if he does not agree, then no one can force him, if he is having legal ownership on that property.

Landlord is the owner
He only can decide whether he wants to transfer his ownership rights in this flat or no.
If you wish to discontinue with the shop, please note that keeping it vacant can cause the landlord to evict you and you may lose your tenancy rights too.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

This is my response to you:
1. If there is a rent agreement you need to respect the terms of the same;
2. Secondly you can try to claim if your try convincing the owner to hand over the ownership to you;
3. If he still does not agree then send him a legal notice stating that you are the owner by adverse possession and also gained easementary rights;
4. You can then apply a suit in court for claim on the property.