What are the documents required for eviction of tenant

22-Apr-2023 (In Landlord/Tenant Law)
I have the following documents: 1. Rent deed with Tenant 2. Registered Sale Deed in name of my mother. 3. Registered WILL that says that the property belongs to me after the death of my mother. 4. Death Certificate of my mother 5. Aadhar Card Q1, Is registered sale deed of my mother is enough for filing suit in Delhi High Court for Eviction of Tenant ? Q2. do I compulsary need complete Back Chain of property ownership papers for filing suit in Delhi High Court for Eviction of Tenant ?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
874 votes
The papers you have narrated are good enough for filing the eviction case against your tenant. There is no need to obtain the entire chain of title documents for filing the case. And how you are sure that your case will filed in Delhi high court only as District courts also having jurisdiction of the properties worth Rs. Two crores.
Through these documents you can file and get eviction of your tenant easily as Hon'ble high court has recently passed the detailed judgement in favour of landlords.
Answer #2
711 votes
For eviction of tenant under Delhi rent control act, you need to show your ownership proof, strong ground for eviction which may include your bonafide requirement of the property etc.
q2- Yes you need to show how the property has devolved in your favour.
Answer #3
682 votes
They are sufficient documents to prove the landlord tenant relationship. Two things have to be proved whether you are the owner of the property and what documents you have in respect of the same and second is the landlord tenent relationship

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."