Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Unable to pay rent so want to evict the room legally

I've a one room rented place for my music class. I've been there for 4 yrs now. Right now I can't pay rent any more because of no earning. I've a due of 4 months rent. I understand the problem of landlord so I don't want to hold the place. What can I do now legally? Please help.

Answers (2)

As you are defaulter to make payment of rent for four consecutive months and you have no mind to hold your said tenanted occupation so you are at liberty to surrender the tenancy vacating the said room without any delay to avoid legal procedure so to be taken by the landlord against you. you can approach for capital demand against the surrender of the said tenancy before the landlord.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Have you paid any advance rent amount while taking the room on rent?? Kindly contact me in my
Chamber address :
14, hate street, near basanto hotel, opposite telephone house, kolkata - 700 001

45, P. C Ghosh Road, lake town, kolkata - 700 048.

With regards,
Advocate Subhashis Paul
Calcutta High Court

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
6 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3499
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I had rented my flat in June 2016. The tenant had given the pdc's but had been bouncing since the very first month. He later gave us the cash for …

Read More

I need to know if a tenant without realization, accidentally keeps a tap open due to no availability of water while washing clothes and goes our and w…

Read More

Dear Sir , The commercial shop leased to the tenant through a lease deed . But lease deed is not registered . The tenant pays rent only in part paymen…

Read More

after nine years of giving rent as tenant my shops landlord forcing to buy the shop . i dont have so much of money . pls help me…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue