tenant refusing to pay water bill

my tenant deny to pay water bill, but the same is mentioned in rent agreement , and start threatening me.

Answers (3)

207 votes

Dear sir
If it is mentioned in rent agreement that tenant will pay water bill then the tenant is liable to pay the same to you and in case he is not paying then you can issue a legal demand notice upon him and can demand water bill with prevalent market rate of interest and thereafter can file a recovery suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

117 votes

If it is specifically mentioned in your agreement of tenancy then the tenant has to pay the respective charges which are agreed upon in the agreement.
You also mentioned that he is threatening you so please elaborately explain the nature of threat and other relevant issues pertaining to this matter.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
228 votes

What kindly of threat he is giving you? However, he cannot do so. You please deduct the charges from his security amount which he might have deposited with you. In case no security deposit has been given to you then you have to pay the water bill and recover it from your tenant by filing a recovery suit. Because non payment of water dues will attract penalty on your name and they might disconnect the supply.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."