×

quesTenant doing illegal activities in flat. How to remove him?

my tanent is doing illegal activities in my flat. i want to get my flat vacated. i gave him a legal court notice. but he did not receive it. I don't want to complaint in police, i have a registered rent agreement. How can i evict him?

If he is carrying illegal activity, the first responsibility is to file a police complaint because, if you are silent on the fact, then you are also responsible for illegal acitivity.

Further, if they fail to evict, then you will have to file an eviction suit under Rent control Act. The Rent control act differs from state to state.

• ansUnder the Rent Control Act, there are specific provisions which explicit;y state that if the premises are being used for a purpose other than determined the tenant can be convicted. Along with a police complaint , you can also initiate formal legal proceedings.

Advocate Richa Relhan

Commonwealth Games Village, Delhi

• ansSir, since you say that a court notice has already been despatched but refused the same will be deemed served on him and the eviction suit in due course will be decreed and you will then have your flat back. As for the illegal activities it will be proper that you file a police complaint since you are aware of the same which can also be a ground for eviction

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi