Tenant doing illegal activities in flat. How to remove him?

my tanent is doing illegal activities in my flat. i want to get my flat vacated. i gave him a legal court notice. but he did not receive it. I don't want to complaint in police, i have a registered rent agreement. How can i evict him?

Answers (3)

107 votes

If he is carrying illegal activity, the first responsibility is to file a police complaint because, if you are silent on the fact, then you are also responsible for illegal acitivity.

Further, if they fail to evict, then you will have to file an eviction suit under Rent control Act. The Rent control act differs from state to state.

175 votes

Sir, since you say that a court notice has already been despatched but refused the same will be deemed served on him and the eviction suit in due course will be decreed and you will then have your flat back. As for the illegal activities it will be proper that you file a police complaint since you are aware of the same which can also be a ground for eviction

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

243 votes

Under the Rent Control Act, there are specific provisions which explicit;y state that if the premises are being used for a purpose other than determined the tenant can be convicted. Along with a police complaint , you can also initiate formal legal proceedings.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."