Tenant broke the house without our knowledge, what to do

We have a tanent staying from last 22 years with an open agreement with my father.before 2 years he shifted to another flat n broke the entire floor to renovate it without consulting us.when we knew we did police complain n had the floor locked.he did a case on us for locking the house when he was not available. We have also done a case on him for evacuating him which is still in the court.now he has won the case n court has instructed the police to open the floor.as he has broken the entire floor,there is no bathroom on the floor.can he have that constructed without our knowledge??n do u suggest we take a stay on the court's order n prevent him from entering the apartment?what should be my next course of action?

Answers (3)

267 votes

You must follow the Court's order, otherwise you may be penalized. But, you can move strongly to the Court, if you have sufficient evidence to proof that they are tenants and many other things must have to be inserted after a proper conversation with you.
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

203 votes

Look friend, we did not answer your questions properly until we see the Case Documents, both in your's Case and your Opponent's Case Paper. We do not know Which type of order was passed by the Ld. Court in his favour, which you say. Therefore, my suggestion is to contact any Advocate from our Site which is nearest in City and who Practice Civil Cases and show him details papers and take suggestion from him.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
134 votes

yes you can appeal against the orders of the court which is against you, you can also file an application for stay of the said order till the pendency of appeal. but it is the court to decide whether stay is to be granted or not.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."