Remedy in case of Disturbance in a flat due to noise by tenants

I HV a ownership flat by inheritance from my father at 2nd floor. Where some student reside on rent. My uncle resides at 1st floor. He is making objections for noise of footsteps, cooking, access of common roof etc. What shall I do? Is the objections valid?

Answers (2)

74 votes

In case there is some genuine problem or issue which your uncle is facing, then you should address his problems and try to solve the same. This is normal matter and there is nothing so serious in this matter. You should try to resolve this in friendly manner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

210 votes

Can we have any right to create nuisance in our own flat by which other neighbours can feel disturbance ? Certainly not. the Naighbour can lodged complaint against it before the Police or to take necessary actions against the owner. So do it which is better for your family, you and your uncle may be within same family i.e., blood related person, but the Students are not your family. Complaint or taking legal steps against each other is not a solution of all the problems. But take a little precution will became better for life.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."