Procedure for eviction of tenant since agreement has eviction clause

Please help me with the process of eviction.. How to file a suit? Also if thr leave and license agreement has a clause that we can evict .. Remove the tenant and belonging without course of law of court .. Can we do it?

Answers (3)

152 votes

From your query it appears that you have entered into a leave and license Agreement. You need to first terminate your leave and license Agreement as per the terms and conditions and ask your licensee to vacate. If he fails to do so, you need to move competent authority to forcely vacate him, if your suit premises is in Bombay.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

288 votes

As per Your Query

Firstly , That , If you landlord & tenant both are in Leave & Licence Agreement as per your terms/norms & duration in the said agreements below steps taken :-

1. Cancellation: That, if the Licensee commits default in regular and punctual payments of
monthly compensation as herein before mentioned or commit/s breach of any of the terms,
covenants and conditions of this agreement or if any legislation prohibiting the Leave and License
is imposed, the Licensor shall be entitled to revoke and / or cancel the License hereby granted, by
giving notice in writing of one month and the Licensee too will have the right to vacate the said
premises by giving a notice in writing of one month to the Licensor as mentioned earlier.

2. Secondly , If you are in leave & licence agreement , You are landlord then you can take benefits of Bombay Rent Act but Tenant not subject to take any benefit of Bombay Rent Act .

3. You Send a Notice in writing of Eviction as per your Leave & Licence Agreements Terms Breaching by him(Tenant) .

4. The option is send a Proper Notice of eviction with Breach of Covenants & Terms in Agreement of Leave & Licence .

5. After that sending a notice , Result is negative , then you can write a complaint in the nearest police station subject to Eviction Of Tenant & Tenant give me Trouble Mentally , Physically & Economically & Then police can handle your tenant properly .

6. In your Leave & Licence the term Arbitration & Conciliation Act Covers then you can not take the benefits of Court of Law . You must appointed An Arbitrator & Solved that dispute but before that all You send a proper Notice of 1month/15 days as per your leave & licence term & conditions .

Thanking You !

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
250 votes

Your question is vegue
If you want to evict tenant then u hv to send him legal notice through lawyer for eviction then you have to file civil suit in small causes court
And if there is leave & license agreement then you will have to file case before competent authorities

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."