Possession of rent property on expiry of leave & license agreement

The leave and licence agreement has expired but tenant not vacating and refusing to pay double the rent as per agreement and clause says we can take possession without recourse to law How do we take possession

Answers (3)

239 votes

We can send the legal notice asking him to vacate the premises and/or pay the deficit along with interest and continue to make the payment of license fee at increased rate.
If he fails to oblige we can file the civil suit for recovery of possession in case of tenanted premises and an application before Competent Authority in case of Leave and license agreement.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

159 votes

For Maharashtra state only
If leave and licence has expired than if it was for residential purpose, u have to approach the competent authority for recovery of possession
If for commercial purpose, file suit in small cause court for possession and damages on contractual rate or double of the agreed rent. U cannot take the possession by force out of court. The possession is to recovered only by legal process on proof of the fact that license has come to an end

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
269 votes

If the agreement is registered and eviction clause is there u can send him notice of eviction. If he refused to evict he became a trespasser u can take help of police machinery. If u want u can also file a case in competent authority for eviction.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."