New Landlord not accepting rent of old shop

Our landlord sold shop(old Delhi) to another person . Now new Landlord is not ready to accept rent. our tenancy is from Year 1950 . Rent is only Rs.200 per month. My Question is (1) How many month rent is needed to become faulty tenant if we not pay rent to landlord ? (2)Procedure to send rent to new landlord by any means ?

Answers (3)

329 votes

1) There is no such period provided, however, one moth non-payment can also be termed as defaulter. New Landlord should also attorn you means shoukd inform you in writing that he had purchased the property in question and from now ownwards he is your landlord.

2) Even if you wants to tender the rent to new landlord and he is not accepting send him the money order. If he refused to accept money order than u can approach the rent controller/Hon'ble Court for depositing the rent.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

169 votes

Your matter lies under Delhi rent control act 1958.
If new landlord is denying to accept the rent thn you can directly diposite the rent in the court under section 37 of DRCA.
For more about your quiry you can call me at 7838170811.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
298 votes

Hi, your case would fall under the Delhi rent control act and you will have to file an application under the Delhi rent control act for deposit of rent in court and on the basis of the said order you will keep ok depositing further...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."