Need advice on protecting privacy

How can I prevent the house(owner different) attached to my family residence building with common path, staircase & roof from being rented to protect our privacy?

Answers (2)

147 votes

If there is Common Path, Common Staircase, Common Roof use for both the parties, then privacy which you wants from a separated premises does not came out. Because, both party can enjoy noted above things jointly, no one can restrain other.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

58 votes

As I have communicated that it could not be possible to restrain the other owner of the premises to use and enjoyment of the common path, stair and roof of a premises. If you will do so than it may possible that you have to face legal complication. Hence you have to make some alternate arrangement for your family residence if you so concerned about the privacy as no one will enter into your house without your consent.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."