My tenant is not vacating the premises even after agreement is ceased

I made 11 month agreement to rent my flat in kolkata. The agreement was notarised.After the agreement validity tenant is not vacating the premises.plz help

Answers (2)

309 votes

You have to file a suit in civil court for recovery of khas possession against your earstwhile tenant. But he was actually licensee as 11 months agreement is a live and license agreement. He is now a mere trespasser.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

148 votes

At first let me know is the Tenant depositing rent or not? Youmay send a advocat's notice (Notice to quit) describing the ground of reasonable requirement and defaulter(if he has not deposited rent). If he has not vacate the premises then you have to file a Title Suit after lapse of one month from the date of receipt the notice. This is the proper procedure. You also may made an application before the Lok Adalat. Thank you.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."