Legal remedy as security deposit cheque given by landlord bounced

I had rented one house in Basaveshwarnagar,as per the agreement before 3 months itself I informed the landlord that I will be vacating the house on March 1st .He agreed to that and I asked for advance amount,he said after vacating the house he will return the money back .I vacated the house and gave the keys back but when I asked for money he gave me cheque after one week but the cheque is bounced,but now he is pushing the days saying that after 2 days I will give.its already been 23 days he has not given an half amount also.the amount which he has to give back is Rs.91,000 but the cheque he gave us is RS.89,000.We have no hopes that he gives us money.What can be done,pls pls help us

Sir/madam,
I seen querry, within 30days from receipt of intimation from your bank you have to issue legal notice through an advocate with sutable instroction. Or the cheque date is within 3 months, you can represent and then, again dishonour, then u can issue legal notice complaing the ingredients of sec.,138 NI Act. Mere issuing notice does not mean the opponent has to pay money. It is an entity to file complaint. Pl consult lawyer before to take any action. I think 30/03/18 is last day for issuing notice.

If the date is also mentioned in that cheque then you have no choice but to present the cheque in bank. If it is returned unpaid then it is left to you what you would do! Either confront him directly asking money or send an legal notice. Consult a lawyer because all process is time bound one.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers