Legal query regarding GPA as non payment by tenant

I want to file case on my tenant due to non payment. I have power of attorney of the property. Plz confirm, can I file complain with this paper or I need to do sale deed before filing case against tenant.

Answers (2)

Firstly, who does the property belong to, if it is a family member, you could also execute a transfer deed. However, you can file on behalf of the owner, under a special power of attorney, you would have to attach a true copy of the POA.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

That is enough to file a case for eviction. However that also depends on the year of the power of attorney. It is also a settled law that while deciding a case for eviction of property court cannot go into the question of ownership of the property.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I am tenant of a shop in Kolkata paying rent accumulatelyvofc2-3years together as it was accepted in bulk by landlord.but since last 39 months rent wa…

Read More

Hello sir, We have a shop(for the purpose of maintenance of (hindu) temple)given on rent before 50 years without any agreement. But We used to give re…

Read More

My new tenant of 4 months is highly irregular in rent payments and has paid only 2 months rent to date (direct cash deposit in my bank account) after …

Read More

Sir, I m living in a home from last 80 years on rent which ownership is with a trust, so can i take ownership on my name?? electrisity bills paying by…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue